If you’re going to begin your year with a flight halfway around the world, what you’re flying to better be spectacular. AD ASIA Real Estate is well aware of that, which is why we work with all leading luxury property developers to bring to our clients the top-of-the-line listings in the area of their choice in Thailand through the continuously updated properties and promotions on the Thailand Holiday Homes & Rentals section of our website.
Even the most perfect Luxurious Getaway Rental can be made even better however, by indulging in some of Thailand’s world-renowned spa treatments in the comfort of your villa. In our last post, we covered some of the leading establishments, and a few personal picks, in Bangkok, Pattaya, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai and Hua Hin. Now, we’re moving on to the prime sun, sea, sand & surf destinations of Koh Chang, Koh Samui, Phuket and Krabi.
- The Spa Koh Chang: nestled in the mangroves, with full 7-day detox programs, spa treatments, massage, herbal steam, facials and body scrubs.
- Bodiwork: massage, lymphatic drainage, facials, body scrubs and waxing.
- Joy and Ya: busy and popular, with deep-muscle massages in their open wooden buildings or your villa, as well as compresses, scrubs and facials.
- Sima Massage: a great down-to-earth massage house with a full menu of Thai-style treatments for the neck, head, body and feet, as well as after-sun remedies.
- Laem Set Inn: from herbal oil massage and cellulite wraps, to half-day packages and Dead Sea mineral mud wraps.
- The Six Senses Spa: ultra-luxurious with superlative service and their own “Four hands” hot stone therapy (try the “Chocolate Sensation” with chocolate bath, chocolate body scrub and chocolate body wrap – not a recommended weight-loss treatment!).
- Anantara Spa: on Bo Phut Bay, with six glass-walled treatment rooms (try the 5½-hour “Anantara Indulgence” with footbath and choice of body treatment, spa meal, facial and manicure or pedicure.
- The Thai Spa at the Bandara Resort and Spa: plant-based ingredients and herbal anti-oxidants (try an aqua-therapy session with infusions of Thai herbs or fragrant blossoms).
- Zazen Boutique Resort & Spa: run by Alexander and his wife Thitima, this is a constantly evolving and endearing establishment.
- Mandara Spa at Sala Samu: 3-to-7-day spa detox packages, romantic getaway couples’ packages and other indulgences.
- SPA Cenvaree at Centara Grand Beach Resort: an extensive spa menu and numerous wellness treatments that are perfect for families, couples and honeymooners.
- Santiburi Resort: signature treatments include the “Santiburi Touch of Heaven” (a combination of Swedish massage and a facial) and “Top to Toe Pampering” (reflexology foot massage techniques followed by a facial).
- Aman Spa: one of the most chic you will find, treatments include Thai massage, lymphatic detox massage and kinesiology (try a clay wrap or a Thai sandalwood scrub).
- The Chedi Phuket: a range of massages and scrubs with tamarind, sesame seed and sea salt on a hillside in a peaceful, natural environment.
- Palm Spa: Eastern therapies with Western techniques are combined to offer a wide range of original treatments (try a “Yogurt Coffee Body Scrub” for breakfast).
- Ayara Hilltops: a long list of holistic treatments, with relaxing décor, and private treatment rooms.
- Mandara Spa at the JW Marriott Phuket: herbal wraps and facials, Thai herbal steam, and a selection of fresh-water baths (try a “Moor Mud Bath” or “Honey Milk Bath”).
- Angsana Spa at the Laguna Phuket: pampering sessions like Spirit (including a 60-minute skin enhancer session, 60-minute massage and 60-minute facial), Bliss, Peace, Glow, Zest and Revitalizer.
- Banyan Tree Phuket Spa, also at the Laguna Phuket: dozens of massages and special packages, as well as body conditioners like aloe and lavender, turmeric and honey (try the “Stimulating Foot Treatment” or treat your hair to a “Papaya and Chamomile Volumixer”).
- Angsana Spa at the Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket: traditional and remedial treatments and more on the beach.
- The Spa at Indigo Pearl Resort: signature pearl scrubs, sugar scrubs, seaweed wraps, mud wraps, and moist chocolate pudding scrubs
- Adamas Resort & Spa: ten pavilions, each with a twin treatment room and outdoor shower, and two with Jacuzzi and steam room.
- The Spa at Trisara: a signature “Senses” massage performed in tandem by two therapists (try the “Lomi Lomi” inspired by Hawaiian dance).
- Avantika Phuket on Patong Beach: indoor and outdoor treatments as well as romantic packages for couples.
- Baan Yin Dee: a cozy boutique resort with fine dining, great views, a nice location, and occasional traffic noise as tuk-tuks race by (a good case for the take-out option).
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa: a sprawling complex for serious spa-goers (try the signature treatment with a blend of wild mint massage oil and herbal mix).
- Mövenpick Resort & Spa on Karon Beach: an extensive wellness menu and a few Thai beauty treatments.
- Deevana Patong Resort & Spa: a huge range of spa services, including fragrant baths, scrubs and wraps (try the “Ocean Mud Therapy”).
- The Boathouse and Villa Royale on Kata Beach: both offer ancient Thai remedies – or you could just have a rejuvenating scrub.
- The Spa at the Royal Phuket Yacht Club Hotel: a range of local and international treatments combining Swedish, aromatherapy, Shiatsu and Thai techniques all in one session.
- Mangosteen Resort and Spa: situated on a hilltop with a range of treatments (try the 4-hour “Mangosteen Magic” package).
- Sri Panwa: from aromatherapy and body wraps to reflexology, exfoliation and yoga.
- Rayavadee, across the bay: this deluxe resort, accessible only by boat, offers personalized treatments with a focus on massage and aromatherapy.
- Sivara Spa at the Amari Vogue Resort: overlooking the Andaman Sea, with an alluring range of wraps, potions and scrubs.
- The Mandara Spa at the Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort: six private treatment rooms and almost 2km of beach.
- The Pimalai Spa: a Royal Siam Massage with aromatic Thai herbs, prepared as steaming poultices, as well as sports and Swedish massages.
- Zeavola on Phi Phi Don (off the Phuket and Krabi coastline): charming and rustic with dinners on the beach and a full treatment menu.
- SPA Cenvaree at the Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas: on its own secluded bay with 500m of pristine white sand beach, this is a honeymooners’ dream with its own serious wellness philosophy and unique rituals.
We hope you have found your dream spa in your favorite resort destination. Please contact us with any questions and let us help you make your luxurious getaway even more spectacular.